This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED]HDMI audio/video issues with AspireRevo AR1600

it is being used as a media computer connected to a 42 inch LG, installs without a problem, but having a few issues that i can't seem to find the solution...

1) can't seem to get the Nvidia drivers installed for the Ion, the recommended driver is 185, but it won't let me activate it and doesn't give a reason, it just won't do anything. tried installing the PPA which gave me access to 195 which i install through the package manager, then the hardware driver only shows "Nvidia" which i can activate, but i can't changes resolution or enable the extra desktop effects.

2)no audio through the HDMI, i haven't looked that hard into this issue yet, because i wanted to get the video issue resolved first, but figured i should just post it all together...

thanks.

Re: [SOLVED]HDMI audio/video issues with AspireRevo AR1600

after a reinstall and system update, then adding the PPA, the correct list of drivers showed up, and i was able to enable the 195 drivers and it worked after reboot.

and i found that the HDMI audio was working, but i had to move it up to the top of the preferred devices or whatever.

Comment

Working...
    X