This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.smv video

OK so I just got my hand's on a philips gogear SA3020/37 MP3 and .SMV video player
    I got it from a pawn shop so no cd but the stuff for widblows IS on line........my Q is is thare a converter for Kubuntu that convert's to .SMV ?

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Re: .smv video

Few links:

> SMV wiki
    > [ubuntu] SMV VIDEO CONVERTER - THERE IS ONE ! Problem Solved.
    > smv-encode
    > PPA >> Show PPAs matching: smv-encode
    Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
    1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
    2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

thanks Rog131

that's the onley one I found to.......and it try's to work but exits with a cant load audio after decoding and tiling frames...........BUT i'v onley tryed it once as of yet

Uther than that (being abel to convert video for it) it's working great with my Kubuntu ....at least in gnome I havent booted to KDE4 and tryed thare......but hear it automounts as soon as pluged in and opens Nautilus for esey drag and drop.

I'll get back with a KDE FYI

and realey how mutch vid can you watch on a 1 inch square display........LOL

it's mane purpus is a small player for work.......it can fit in my pocet with the ear buds runing under my shert and alls good

but the vid would be nice for a novelty.

VINNY

EDDIT: works fine in KDE4 as well plug it in and the device notafier picks it up and clicking it opens dolphin........
      16GB RAM

Comment

I stand coreckted smv_encode worked like a charm on this.

Code:
        vinny@Kubuntu:~$ smv_gui
        DEBUG install bin dir: /usr/bin
        DEBUG missing: /usr/bin/smv_gui.glade
        DEBUG found: /usr/bin/../share/smv_gui/smv_gui.glade
        DEBUG running smv_encode -b -g 128x128 -f 15 -n 5 -r -1 -q 41 "/media/disk-3/home/default/LimeWire/Saved/Kid Rock- American Badass (Uncensored).mpg" "/home/vinny/Desktop/Kid Rock- American Badass (Uncensored).mpg.smv"
        vinny@Kubuntu:~$
        and got a watcheble .smv with perfict synk on sound

I used the .deb for 8.04 from hear.

http://www.cs.bgu.ac.il/~yurac/interests/smv-encode/

and insaled it on 9.04 ........ ahummmm...I am runing in gnome though.......I'll test it in KDE later rite now I want to watch it agin

the first vid I tryed it on was an .avi and when I opend it in winFF or avidemux cant remember witch it sead somthing about bad headers and time tabel? or somthing like that and oferd to fix them but I decided to just try a diferent vid............ so I did and it's fine.

VINNY

[img width=400 height=51]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/vinnywright/banner1.png[/img]

16GB RAM

Comment

Working...
        X