X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED]kde 4.3 beta 2 nucler power plant

Hi,

apt-get upgraded my kde 4.2.4 to 4.3 beta 2 through backports.

Now there are some problems with my plasmas and desktop, but the point of this post is an other:

Xorg and plasma take always about 50% of my 2.6 GHz dual processor resources.
    This way I run applications very slowly and my laptop has about 10-20 °C more than normal and obviously batteries are useless.

All this is really normal? >
    If it is so, I must format and reinstall Kubuntu 4.2.4 from scratch and block new upgrades, because now it is very frustrating

Re: kde 4.3 beta 2 nucler power plant

Yes it's normal, apperantly not all packages are packaged and added at the same time. But it should be fine now. Just do another upgrade.

Comment

Cool Rizado,

you're right, now it is performing well.

The only thing gone wrong is it deleted my configurations about plasmoid, but that is not so painful

bye

Comment

Originally posted by lordlukas
        Cool Rizado,

you're right, now it is performing well.

The only thing gone wrong is it deleted my configurations about plasmoid, but that is not so painful

bye
        I had the same problem where Plasma was screwed, I was able to get it back by using the command
        rm ~/.kde/share/config/plasma* and getting the latest updates. It's a bit messy but that's what can happen when you run beta software.

Comment

Working...
        X