This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KVpnc won't disconnect

I can connect to my work network using VPN, but it just won't disconnect. Pressing KVpnc's 'disconnect' button does nothing, and nor does right-clicking the tray icon and choosing 'disconnect'. Whatever I try I just stay connected.

Has anyone else found this, or have any ideas about how I could solve it? Thanks!

Re: KVpnc won't disconnect

Yes - can confirm - same problem. Also if you look at the version of KVpnc - v0.90 (using KDE 3.5.10)

Have you found a solution?

Comment

Same issue here. Anyone have a solution other than rebooting to manually disconnect it?

I can killall kvpn, and do /etc/init.d/networking restart... but the connection is still active. It seems to reconnect if I turn wireless off/on as well.

I should note that I'm using Intrepid, and I know this is in the Jaunty forum, I don't know if it would make a difference...
      eMachines E520 notebook, 2ghz celeron, 3gb RAM, 160gb HDD, etc... woot.com special with no Microsoft tax running Kubuntu 9.04 beautifully

Comment

I got it.

sudo apt-get remove kvpnc

Install 0.9.1 from here:
        http://home.gna.org/kvpnc/en/download.html

They fixed it in the last revision.

I had an error when trying to start it, so I had to open term and run this:

Code:
        sudo chmod 644 .kde/share/config/kvpncrc
        then it worked... but for some reason that file is gone now... I guess that's by design.

nonetheless, I can now disconnect from the GUI and don't need to reboot.
        eMachines E520 notebook, 2ghz celeron, 3gb RAM, 160gb HDD, etc... woot.com special with no Microsoft tax running Kubuntu 9.04 beautifully

Comment

Working...
        X