This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Loading please wait...

Downloaded the image and checked the md5sum. Burnt the CD twice now (last time at speed 4x).

I get a screen with the text "Loading please wait..." or I get some bunch of text, concluding "End of trace". There seems to be no difference in what menu item I choose (Try Kubuntu, Install Kubuntu or Check CD).

Some things that might be relevant:
    Intel Core2Duo 6300 (1.86GHz)
    NVIDIA GeForce 9500GT

How can I install Jaunty?
    Once your problem is solved please edit the first post of your topic and add [SOLVED] in front of the subject. In that way, others can benefit from your experience!

Re: Loading please wait...

At the first screen there are some help options at the bottom of the screen. F4 contains a "Safe Graphics Mode" entry. This might help you. There are some other options available under F6 such as acpi-off and noapic that might also be what you need. These are mostly needed for particular chipsets/motherboards.

Comment

Thank you for answering, I got it running now with ACPI=off AND Safe Graphics Mode.

So what will I miss with ACPI turned off?
      Once your problem is solved please edit the first post of your topic and add [SOLVED] in front of the subject. In that way, others can benefit from your experience!

Comment

Advanced Configuration and Power Interface
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advance...ower_Interface

Comment

Which means I will not be able to hibernate and my processor will consume more power?

Comment

Actually it is not entirely that simple. I do not know all the details, but I think that option has more to do with how the kernel interacts with the BIOS than with what is possible after boot.

Comment

Working...
            X