This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

flash plugin nonfree will not install

I have upgraded to Kubuntu 9.04 (amd64) via adept. Now I do not have Flash-plugin available in Firefox. Adept shows it as installed but Firefox does not.
    How can I get flash in FF working?

Re: flash plugin nonfree will not install

Same prob here but I'm using the standard 9.04 i386 desktop version.
    Dell Inspiron 531/AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ 4GB RAM/GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
    Kubuntu 16.04
    "I have a problem with the fact that they just make really 3rd rate products." Steve Jobs on Microsoft. From “Triumph of the Nerds"

Comment

During the upgrade I was told it should be removed so I replied OK.
      After the upgrade I went to youtube and was presented with a link that I followed and had Adobe Flash installed in no time.

So I suggest to uninstall the present version and check out my solution...

Edit:
      I missed the 64-bit part in the original post, I'm using 32-bit.

Comment

Thanks. I got the flash player working. Only problem is no sound. I can hear system sounds, mp3's, etc... but no sound through firefox (youtube)
        Kubuntu 16.04
        "I have a problem with the fact that they just make really 3rd rate products." Steve Jobs on Microsoft. From “Triumph of the Nerds"

Comment

I had the same issue... nothing would come up, and no "plug-in" was listed.

Before I went to get the Adobe package, I made sure to get rid of the installed packages.

In Adept (the Add/Remove Software icon) search for "flashplugin" in the text area. It should say installed, so click once to expand it, then mark the box for "Remove...". Click Preview on the left, then click Apply at the bottom.

Once that's done, close Adept and go to: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer

NOTE: This won't work for AMD64 Kubuntu!!!

On my AMD64 box, all I had to do was remove the flashplugin package and install it again. Something about the Jaunty upgrade just dis-associated it from Firefox. It started running right-as-rain after that.
          [hr]<br />System#1: Kubuntu 9.04 AMD64 (KDE 4.2)<br />AMD Athlon64-2x 4600+, 4GB DDR2-PC6400<br />nVidia GeForce 7300 / 512MB<br />System#2: Kubuntu 9.04 (KDE 4.2)<br />AMD Sempron 3300+, 2GB DDR-PC3200<br />

Comment

You can install firefox addons directly within firefox.

Also, when you use the ubuntu mechanisim for upgrading versions, it removes non-free in a fit of licensual ideological purity. You need to put them back into sources.llist with each release.

hawk
            Noone else may have these opinions without paying my retainer

Comment

I had the same problem.

It seems that the 64bit version can cause some minor issues with plugins for Firefox - nevertheless this worked for me:

In adept or apt-get, remove packages flashplugin_nonfree AND nspluginwrapper

- the latter is important as this will automatically remove flashplugin-installer.

Subsequently, a reinstall all the packages triggers the run of flashplugin-installer which in turn configures flashplugin-nonfree and creates the necessary links for Firefox.

Regards
              Jens

Comment

I tried all of these and still no sound from flash in firefox. mp3's play fine tho.

UPDATE!!!!

The PCM channel was set to zero. Just move the slider all the way up in soundmixer. Sound now works in firefox.
                Kubuntu 16.04

Comment

Working...
                X