Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Installing ends up in blinking monitor.. nothing shows up.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing ends up in blinking monitor.. nothing shows up.

But I can install it in a VM.. which is weird.

any idea what the problem could be? I can get to the option to install from the disk or go to the Live CD.. but after I hit enter.. my monitor just keeps blinking, with nothing showing up?

Re: Installing ends up in blinking monitor.. nothing shows up.

You can install it in a VM because the VM is using the host's video driver.

From the main menu on the live cd, hit F4, and see if there is an option there that works for you.

We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet. -- Stephen Hawking

Comment

but I shouldnt have any issues.. ive installed Ubuntu before.

Comment

Originally posted by iceache
        but I shouldnt have any issues.. ive installed Ubuntu before.
        K .. hitting F4 worked in Safe Graphics Mode.. but the resolution was 640x480, and that makes it impossible to install from the Live CD.

Impossible because my monitor does 1680x1050.. and the text is too small to read.

Comment

Can you set your monitor to stretch to fit instead of showing in its native resolution?

You should also be able to find a text mode installer. I had the same problem with my NVidia GeForce something-or-other video card, but it worked once I got it installed using the safe graphics mode and then installed the NVidia proprietary driver.

Comment

Working...
          X