This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cant reboot/logout

hi all i recently switched from ubuntu to try kubuntu...im running the nvidia 180.... drivers on an 8800gt with kde 4.2 all seems fine till i try to reboot shutdown or logout, then the pc sometimes comes back to a terminal with no gui, but more times than not it hangs on something that says checking battery state?(its not a laptop)...then i reboot go into recovery mode enter on xfix then reboot normal, log in reinstall the nvidia drivers and config xorg and all is fine again untill i need to log out :/ any help is appreciated

Re: cant reboot/logout

I do see that on one of my computers using Jaunty and KDE 4.2.1. I faound that part of my problem ws that I had anetwork interface defined in /etc/network/interfaces that was being controlled by wicd. Commenting the interface helped only in that the next place it hangs at a terminal during shutdown is unmounting md drives, of which I have none.

However, at that stage Ctl-Alt-Delete signals a proper reboot so I only let it reboot and it works, no need to fix anything.

Comment

Working...
    X