This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[solved] Can't delete contacts in kopete

I have Kopete v. 00.70.0 for kde-4.2, set up for Yahoo Messenger.
    Every time I start the program, the same list of 4 contacts shows up in the "buddy list." These are the "view my webcam" idiots that I never viewed or invited. I have tried deleting them every which way; they disappear, but when I restart the program, they show up again. They are not showing up in Pidgin, so I think it's a problem with Kopete and not Yahoo itself.
    How do I flush this garbage permanently? I tried to remove kopete altogether, but it threatens to remove kdenetwork, which sounds like a real bad idea. I tired removing the kopete directory in ~/.kde/share/apps, but no luck either. It must be storing these intellectual giants somewhere...

Further experiment:
    I created a new user, and tried kopete. The contacts are not there.
    Conclusion: contact information is being stored somewhere in my personal data. But I cannot find it. Any idea where kde and kopete keep that kind of data?

Oh yeah -- there is a way to find out what files an app is opening. Can someone jog my memory on that?

There is also a bug report on bugzilla about this, but only from one other person. So I think it is a configuration problem. If I could just find the bloody file...

Solution:
    It WAS a server problem, after all.
    I had to go into windows to find it, for shame...
    I had "blocked" some contacts, which stored their info on the server. That's what was coming up each time I started up. Evidently neither Kopete nor Pidgin support this function, so it had to be done from windows. for shame, again...
    We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet. -- Stephen Hawking
Working...
X