This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firefox 3.07 does not display embedded images anymore

3.06 was working fine displaying embedded images like .jpg's but 3.07 does not, all I get is a little window with the name displayed under it. I went in properties and added aol.com and yahoo.com in the content and automatically display images but it still doesn't. It's not a kubuntu problem because it does it on windows xp after it updated as well. Anyone know how to correct this? Thank you.
    Oneiric 11.10 KDE Version 4.7.4<br />Duo core 1.8 Intel<br />4 gig ram<br />Nvidia Go 7300 Graphics<br />Dell E1505 Laptop<br /><br />I&#39;m a happy pappy with Linux on my lappy!!!

Re: Firefox 3.07 does not display embedded images anymore

Sounds like it's an extension, if it's on both systems. Try disabling your extensions and see if that helps. Also, check that "load images automatically" didn't get unchecked in edit>preferences>content.
    You might also try creating a new user on your kubuntu system, logging into that account, and running firefox. If it still doesn't display images, it pretty much has to be a program problem.
    We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet. -- Stephen Hawking

Comment

Thank you for responding. I don't understand what you mean by extensions. I don't see anything under preferences for extensions. Load images automatically is checked. That was the first thing I looked at.
      Oneiric 11.10 KDE Version 4.7.4<br />Duo core 1.8 Intel<br />4 gig ram<br />Nvidia Go 7300 Graphics<br />Dell E1505 Laptop<br /><br />I&#39;m a happy pappy with Linux on my lappy!!!

Comment

I just installed Seamonkey and it works just fine with the embedded images. It must be a Firefox problem. Especially since it is occuring in Windows XP as well. I just noticed that Konqueror is not working after the upgrade either. This is really starting to bite.

Comment

extensions = add-ons
          Found in the tools>add-ons menu
          Sorry for the confusion.

Did you try creating the new user account? You could also, after quitting firefox, move you ~/.mozilla directory to something else, like .mozilla-backup , and then restart firefox. Either way will give you a clean firefox installation to test with.
          We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet. -- Stephen Hawking

Comment

I just tried both of your suggestions and received the same exact problem. It's got to be Firefox. Does yours work ok?

Comment

Yeah, or a gtk problem of some kind.
              Mine works fine, both before and after the upgrade, on 8.10, 9.04 and debian.
              The only other thing I can suggest is download the package from the firefox website, install it in the /opt directory, and try that. Doesn't explain why there's a problem with XP, though.

Comment

Working...
              X