This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I create a Firefox launcher on system tray in 8.1

I can't seem to place an icon and launcher in the system tray for fire fox . I tried checking the boxes via the start menu where it lits an option ''place in system tray".

Re: How do I create a Firefox launcher on system tray in 8.1

It would try to create some sort of plasmoid, but it hasn't any connection with the system tray just because it's an independent plasmoid... just like the K-Menu plasmoid on your task bar...
    Multibooting: Kubuntu Noble 24.04
    Before: Jammy 22.04, Focal 20.04, Precise 12.04 Xenial 16.04 and Bionic 18.04
    Win XP, 7 & 10 sadly
    Using Linux since June, 2008

Comment

Right click on the desktop and then select "unlock widgets"

Then select the kmenu icon and type fire in the box and you will see the application entry. Right click on that and select "add to panel". Do the same procedure for any other apps you want in the panel. Then importantly right click on the desktop again and select "lock widgets"

Comment

Originally posted by The Liquidator
        Right click on the desktop and then select "unlock widgets"

Then select the kmenu icon and type fire in the box and you will see the application entry. Right click on that and select "add to panel". Do the same procedure for any other apps you want in the panel. Then importantly right click on the desktop again and select "lock widgets"

Thanx, that worked, BUT it Wouldn't work when 'classic view' is selected as the Kmenu. But worked fine with the 'kickoff' menu. all is done thankyou

Comment

Working...
        X