This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disk management in GUI

To access/manage/modify hard drives, in GUI, *using Konqueror* file manager ...

1 K>Settings>Advanced>Disk & Filesystems is gone in 8.10 -- right-o?

2 So, to access HD's and partitions, change permissions, etc. in GUI/Konqueror, that would be to open Konqueror as root (kdesudo). then Properties > Permissions?

Have I got this right, am I on Mars, are there other implemented GUI ways in 8.10 (I don't use Dolphin). (Of course, I realize there's the CLI, too.)
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Re: Disk management in GUI

Hmm - ? Do you mean a gui for the fstab ?

Few days ago > Topic: GUI tools for mounting
    If you ever wonder how to mount stuff but were too afraid to delve into your /etc/fstab there is a couple of GUI mount tools out there (and in the repos)...
    Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
    1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
    2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

I'll try that/those.
      Many thanks.
      I searched everywhere BUT "Help the New Guy" ... hmmm
      An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Think of it as being young again
        Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

well, I can think of better ways for an old hippy to feel young again, but my future ex-wife might not condone it;

Comment

postscript
            no wonder I'm having issues here in GUI -- my HDs did not show up in Konqueror under /media; an hour later, they did show up; they do, however, always show up in Dolphin; Etcetera.
            => perhaps some bug-iness on my end!
            Doesn't matter. I miss Disk & Filesystems as a quick-and-dirty "get 'm," but will be on top of this soon.

Comment

Working...
            X