X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QT3 APPLICATIONS UNREADABLE SCREEN FONTS

HI THERE

ITS BEEN A COUPLE OF DAYS NOW THA ALL OF MY QT3 APPLICATIONS WITH INTREPID IBEX HAVE BEEN UNREADABLE. I HAVE NOT FOUND A WAY YET TO FIX IT. TAKE A LOOK TO THE IMAGE ATTACHED, I AM OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS.

THANKS
    Attached Files

Re: QT3 APPLICATIONS UNREADABLE SCREEN FONTS

Hey, me too. I have noticed this (as if I would miss it) in Firefox (unuseable except menu text is ok), Thunderbird (Text changes to readable when highlighted but goes strange again after), knetworkmanager popup (I'm new'ish to intrepid so not sure which entries in the list are which cause I can't read them) and some other varied applications. The native (built in) browser is ok though. I also had Intrepid working for 3 or 4 days very nicely with 4 seperate user logins and nvidia drivers behaving. Then my wife logged on and "Viola" can't read this, can't read that. I am definately out of ideas.
    PLEASE help us !!!!

Comment

Re: QT3 APPLICATIONS UNREADABLE SCREEN FONTS

OK, this is not real technical but here goes.
      I fixed it !! Well......mainly
      I went into the main profile (The first one created when installing) and created a new user. The plan was to copy documents etc from the original into the new users profile. First thing I did under the new profile was to turn off desktop effects (maybe cause I have an Nvidia card) When I did that, I found that all but the original user profiles were working correctly. Not only that, but the issue I had where logging off left you at a black screen, was also resolved (for all but logging off the original user profile.
      While it is not a complete fix, it is satisfactory to enable the 4 users of the computer to do all they need to do..........."normally"

Comment

Working...
      X