This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Choice to boot just normal kde or kde with compiz n emerald etc

Hi I'm thinking about installing compiz etc to my kubuntu. however is it posible for me to have like a sort of bootloader which gives me a choice. To boot kde or kde with compiz.

Sz for d typo I'm using my phone.

Re: Choice to boot just normal kde or kde with compiz n emerald etc

I'm pretty sure, that the only way to accomplish this, is to establish a second user. This allows you to configure your desktop separately for each user. One can have KDE w/compiz as the WM, and the other with KDE and Kwin as the WM. You would select which user to log on as from the KDM login screen.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I haven't used the "Fusion Icon" lately, i.e. in 8.10, but the last time I used it, it provided a means to enable/disable the Compiz window manager, and change to Kwin. You might want to look into that method before doing anything as drastic as setting up multiple user accounts.

Comment

If that works, yes, it would be preferable to establishing a second user. Thanks dibl.
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Hello Marcus,

I think there may be another available option however I'm not sure whether it helps or not. (I'm newbie when it comes to Linux, but I'm getting better thanks to friends like dibl)

Press K (Start menu) and go to System Settings. Next step is to change to Advanced (the tab at the top of the window). Now select Session Manager and take a look at the drop-down control under Window Manager section. You can try whether this works for you.

Regards

Comment

Working...
          X