X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Logout problem.

Hi!

I just tried a fresh Intrepid install (just for being sure), and I have a logout problem.
    Normally, I can logout-restart-shutdown without any problems.

But, in the case I've given at konsole "sudo dolphin" and dealing with grub directory (mainly altering with kate the menu.lst), after saving the changes and closing kate, dolphin and console, I'm unable to logout.

KDE is trying to logout, I can hear the logout sound and after a while, I'm at the front of a black screen with the white cursor (that I can move across the screen).
    Sometimes, the screen is white (instead of black), while some other I can also see at the background, kate with the menu.lst loaded.

At this moment, although I can move the cursor, there is nothing to click at.
    Ctrl-alt-del and Alt-F combinations are inresponsible and the only solution I could think, is hitting ctrl-alt-backspace, that killed X and presented me the log on screen. There, I can restart or log on again (log on screen, is fully working).

Do you think this is a bug?
    If so, do I have to report it, at bugs.kde.org?
    I couldn't found, any related reports.
    Speak "Friend" and enter, or...

Re: Logout problem.

I beleive it to be a bug in kde 4 but that is just my taught,
    i have the same problem on a computer i installed with an nvidia card.
    sometime does it on my laptop when rebooting, some app kde dont seem to be able to close stay on, when i close them i reboot with out a problem.

Comment

I suspect it is not a true bug, but perhaps a video driver or kernel boot option problem.

What is your graphics card and what driver are you using? Any boot options?

Comment

THANKS dibl!

Originally posted by dibl
        What is your graphics card

NVIDIA GeForce6150SE nForce 430 (onboard).

and what driver are you using? Any boot options?
        The last driver from Nvidia available (the freeware one). v.177.80

Any boot options?

Nothing special. I just leave the defaults.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS to everyone!!!

*PS. I just recalled, that I'm receiving (at boot time), the message: "Aperture beyond 4GB. Ignoring".
        Googling fo that reveals that it's maybe (not for sure) a graphic card related error.
        Speak "Friend" and enter, or...

Comment

Working...
        X