This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with HDTV

Hello, I am fairly new to Linux but have some experience. I recently installed Kubuntu on my new computer with Vista. I installed Vista first, partitioned my drive and then installed kubuntu. Had some problems because of multiple drives but got it all figured out and working.

Now the problem. I am using this computer with a 37" Toshiba HDTV. I have it connected via a HDMI cable. Kubuntu did not like my card or tv on live cd or install and would freeze before loading so I hooked up a monitor (VGA) and did the install and then intalled the recommended NVidia driver 177. Then I changed the X screen to the HDTV and disabled the monitor and disconnected it. The problem is the resolution is completely wrong and cannot even come close to being right. The native resolution is something like 19??x 16??. The text is all really hard to read so at times I can read what it says. As I said I am fairly new to Linux and Kubuntu so am lost on where to go next.

Here is what I have for a setup:
    Asus M3N78-EM, Nvidia GeForce 8300, HDMI motherboard
    AMD 7750 processor
    4Gb DDR2 1066 Kingston Ram
    Asus dvd burner SATA
    Lite on dvd burner SATA
    Western Digital 200GB HD IDE Boot drive
    Western Digital 250GB HD IDE
    Samsung 1T HD SATA

On install I had to disconnect the 250 and 1t drives to get grub to work correctly. Windows and Linux are on the 200gb drive and the other to are just music and movies.

So how do I go about getting the resolution to work correctly?

Thanks and sorry for the long post.

Working...
X