X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED]Windows temporarily freaking

Hi all.

I've just installed Kubuntu 8.10 on my Toshiba laptop and I find KDE 4.1 really nice and it works fine with my ATI 8.12 driver.
    I'm not using special effects (no compiz).

I have this problem: very often when I open a window, before seeing the correct window I see a "corrupted" window, which in general is black with coloured stripes. It happens with any program and in particular when I stream pictures. Sometimes it happens also when I shutdown.
    The bad visualization generally lasts a second.

Not basic, but really annoying problem...

Any idea?

THANX! have a good day

Re: Windows temporarily freaking

I experience the same --- lines thru a window before it is filled with appropriate content. All the time I thought I was alone in the frying pan. Indeed, we need help.

Isix
    Cheers,<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Isix<br />______________________________________<br />&quot;Views and opinions expressed by me are not necessarily true --- they merely remain my views and opinions&quot;<br />______________________________________

Comment

yes, exaclty the same: thanx...your description suits better than mine!

Comment

Well, I think this is normal behavior. Athough you are not using compiz, you are probably using the KWin compositing effects. They are enabled by default. The content of the window is just some random garbage that was present in the graphical memory before it gets filled with the real content.

Comment

Even if I disable all the desktop effects (system settings -> Desktop -> Desktop Effects, this is what you meant? that is I change the file ./kde/share/config/kwinrc) the problem persists..

Comment

I too see this effect and never saw it with KDE 3.5 with desktop effects disabled.

Since I see it in KDE 4.1 without enabling effects, my finger points to KWin...

Comment

Yes, I think so too.
              Also in my case KDE 3.5 did not have this problem.
              I have not found a solution yet: we are supposed to wait new drivers or new upgrades...

Comment

The problem seems to be in xserver-xorg-core.
                I solved it, see http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3100934.0

Comment

Working...
                X