Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dmesg concerns and possible error messages. Need help translating to English!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dmesg concerns and possible error messages. Need help translating to English!!!

Folks,

Right then, as you may have noticed, I've got a few of these posts floating around. Having a bit of a torrid time with my PC at the moment.

I have several hardware issues, and am starting to wonder if they may be traced to something as nasty as a motherboard issue...

I've got a bunch of things that have appeared in dmesg over the last six weeks that give cause for concern. But although (to my untrained eye) they would appear to be problems, I can't really understand them. So I'm looking for some advice about whether these represent real problems and where I should search more for ways to fix them, if needed.

Thanks.

Right then, onto business...

Code:
    :0:0: [sdf] Sense Key : No Sense [current]
    :0:0: [sdf] Add. Sense: No additional sense information
    Problem with a hard drive?

Code:
    ck804xrom ck804xrom_init_one(): Unable to register resource 0x00000000ff000000-0x00000000ffffffff - kernel bug?
    No idea about this one...

There are others, but the No Sense [current] report comes every second and has made the file huge... Will search for the others on the next boot (coming up shortly!).

In the meantime please feel free to let me know what these two might refer to.

Thanks,

Bag
Working...
X