X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Problematic USB flash drives#@%

Originally posted by wrender
    I have been experimenting(with Dolpin and Konsole) and it seems that the main thing is that you when copying files and unmounting the usb flash drive you need to be patient.

After copying a file I wait a few seconds then click unmount and check the "Devices recently plugged in" applet until it does not present the option to umount anymore and it will work.

In the grand scheme of things this is no big deal.

However compared to doing the same thing on suse 11 with kde 3.5 or mint 5 it is slow.
    I'm running Intrepid myself and must agree that most stuff goes quite abit slower, and takes patients not to go back too 3.5 Kde.

I believe that 4.1 will mature and become quite a nice Desktop one of these days, even be on the Level of 3.5 but I believe it will be awhile.

I think in my OHO that Kde 4 should still be in the Late stages of Beta or at the earliest rc stages.

It's still a bit to buggy to be called a true stable release. But then again Being on the cutting edge does have it's Aggravations....
    I &quot;NEVER&quot; Discuss 3 things.<br />Religion, Politics, and the Great Pumpkin.<br />Linus from A Charlie Brown Christmas.

Comment

Re: Problematic USB flash drives#@%[SOLVED]

I knew what I was getting myself into when I installed kde 4.1 I just hope that it all goes well in the future.

Comment

Working...
      X