This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

update notafier and updates? [resolved]

OK so I updated to Karmic I gess last week with the update-notifier-kde -d from 9.04 JJ

sence then I havent seen the update notafier (green gear in system tray) at all....??...

I have ben doing a sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade evrey day or so any way and geting lot's of updats .........OOOO speeking of witch thars a bunch now....including
    update-manager
    update-manager-core update-manager-kde ure xserver-xorg-input-evdev
    well lets hit the y and enter

O and a bunch of open office stuff to weeeee........
    queshton is why no update notifacation ?

FYI I'v not had eney problems at all .......so far.......with stuff like rebooting or my favorite apps not wanting to work.

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Re: update notafier and updates?

ok just did the updates I mentioned ubuve and still nothing broken......... ..............

VINNY
    16GB RAM

Comment

Yes, I've been trying to keep updated as well as they approach Final. Nothing of mine has gone south yet either. I'm very pleased with 9.10, and this is Beta! My system has never been so smooth.

Comment

well after todays updates that included a bunch of mesa stuff and xorg-video-intel my vid seams the best it's ever ben

my glxgears is over 2000 now (was happy to see 1200 befor )even wile draging the gear window round and round the screen.

and leaving top runing in yakuake's dropdown terminal and cubing the desktop onley runs xorg and kwin up about 5-15% CPU ware it used to send it over 20-28% on my intel chips.

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 82915G/GV/910GL Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 04)
        and a slide down bunny hill (extreme tux racer) got a steady 24-26 fps.......dont know if thats good or bad.......but the game played slick as ice ...........tehehe as ice........it is ice.......OOhummmm ok.

BUT- I still had to check and do the updates manualey .........no notafiyer??

however I just rememberd the medeabuntu repo comented out by the upgrader and uncomented it ran agin and got a google-earth update for karmic (acualey it was 4 things) and it's working verey well seamless zoom and moves were it used to be a little chopey.

So good! I had ben wandering wether thar was eney karmic stuff thar or not.

well all in all I gess I'v ben blesed with good luck..........and I think my koala is all most house broke

VINNY

16GB RAM

Comment

Same here. Update notifier crashed, as well as kwin, printer applet and a bunch of other stuff. however my glx gears are ~30,000 in 5 sec ( not sure if that is good or bad, but surely bigger must be better, or maybe not). Disappointedly Torcs has also been upgraded to 1.3.1 but I now have no opponents, where's the fun in that!!!

Comment

Originally posted by assettt
            Same here. Update notifier crashed, as well as kwin, printer applet and a bunch of other stuff. however my glx gears are ~30,000 in 5 sec ( not sure if that is good or bad, but surely bigger must be better, or maybe not). Disappointedly Torcs has also been upgraded to 1.3.1 but I now have no opponents, where's the fun in that!!!
            Hummm I dont think eneything is crashed hear just not showing eney updates with the notifier.........

but thay come with the CLI

VINNY
            16GB RAM

Comment

Re: update notafier and updates? [resalved]

WEEEEEEthe updater and Kpackagekit are working agin

with a notafacation of 101 updates............. .........and thay all wint well 8)

exept for 1 held back ......that being DeVeDe.
              but it still works just fine :P

VINNY

EDIT: I thought I should add that the notifacation dident come frome the green gear I was used to seing in JJ but frome the notifacation and job widget in the system tray .....I notesed a 1 on it and clicked it and thar it was a notifacation of 101 updates thru kpackagekit
              16GB RAM

Comment

Working...
              X