This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remote Control via VNC and Screen resolutions

I'm trying to access my Kubuntu machine running a high resolution of 1680x1050 pixels via shared desktop and tightVNC from an XP box running 1024 ~ 1280 pixels wide resolution.

I'm getting an error that the resolution is not compatible. since i need the high resolution, is there a way to get the remote desktop control to work ?

thanks
    I&#39;ll tell you all my secrets, but I&#39;ll lie about my past<br /><br />http://www.thebizneeds.com

Re: Remote Control via VNC and Screen resolutions

if your using the tight vnc client for XP check the settings for scale desktop (your gonna want < 100%)

if that don't work you will need to set ur xp res higher.
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

didn't work. i'm getting "Unhandled message type received!" error message.

is there a different vnc viewer that you would recommend to connect from Win XP to Kubuntu ?
      I&#39;ll tell you all my secrets, but I&#39;ll lie about my past<br /><br />http://www.thebizneeds.com

Comment

there are several vnc clients ... you could try ,,,

realvnc, ultravnc , you can even install kde (google kde for windows) and use krdc.

unfortunatly i do the oppsite my remote machine is the xp machine and i connect to it via my kubuntu machine.

when i get home tonight i will try connecting to kubuntu from xp and see what i get (i have a very similar res settings on my machines, so i should get the same error , right?)

check back for an update.
        sith

Comment

i am having no luck using x11vnc. i will post my results when i get it working correctly

Comment

Working...
          X