This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aptitude freeze -> abort, broken

With aptitude I wanted to install "kubuntu-restricted-extras", and it hang during the install of the (apparently necessary) "sun-java6-bin. It showed a license text and "OK" at the bottom, but I could not activate the OK. Not by the arrow buttons & enter, not with the mouse. After a while I had to abort the Konsole in which it ran; you have to do something, right?

That appeared to have side effects: now aptitude is broken. It said:
    "Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock - open (11 Resource temporarily unavailable)",
    "Unable to lock the administration directory (/var/lib/dpkg/), is another process using it?",
    "Couldn't rebuild package cache".

I got a message to fix it by doing "dpkg --configure -a", so I sudo-ed it and rebooted after, but there are still problems. Aptitude now says:
    "I wasn't able to locate a file for the sun-java6-bin package. This might mean you need to manually fix this package. (due to missing arch)",
    "Internal error: couldn't generate list of packages to download".

How can I get aptitude up and running again with the correct list of installed packages? And how do I know if the restricted extras and java have been correctly installed?

Screenshots available if needed.
Working...
X