This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SLOW KDE 4.1 andIncompatibility with compiz and emarald

I am only a month old in the world of ubuntu and was thus using Gnome till recently. I was quite impressed by its ease of use and simplicity . But due to hype created by newer version of KDE i.e 4.1 I decided to give it a try. . And on my first sight of plasma I was really bowled over by its 3D interface. But now I am quite frustated by its creeping speed.
    My computer seem to get choked (even though I am using 8800GT and intel quad core with 2GB RAM.).There is no smoothness in minimizing and maximizing the window as well.

The other very vital problem is incompatibility between compiz/emerald and KDE 4.1. I am missing the effects I am accustomed to in Gnome

PLEEASE PROVIDE ME A SOLUTION FOR THE ABOVE PROBLEMS

Also tell me how to enable scrolling between multiple dekstop in KDE 4.1.

Re: SLOW KDE 4.1 andIncompatibility with compiz and emarald

First off, welcome to the party

Now to answer your second question first:
    compiz is not very kde friendly, regardless of the versions.

Try doing:kmenu->system setting->desktop and activate desktop effects. They are kwin native and pretty cool.

As for nvdia cards this might be of some help
    http://www.linux.com/feature/142661

apparently kde4.1 has some problems with nivdia drivers at the moment.

One suggestion:
    change your topic too something like: "slow kde4.1 with nivdia 8800GT and compiz fusion" or something similar.
    That will attract the guys who know their compiz and nivdia issues. (which I don't as a ati and kwin user)

Also you might want to point out a few basics like machine specs and how you installed the driver.

Sorry I can't be of more help at the moment.
    HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
    4 GB Ram
    Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Re: SLOW KDE 4.1 andIncompatibility with compiz and emarald

THANKS! I will do that

Comment

Working...
      X