X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

openoffice 2.4 crashes after upgrade [SOLVED]

Hi,

Since a recent open office 2.4 upgrade, open office now crashes at startup. If I try to run it from konsole I get:

javaldx: Could not find a Java Runtime Environment!
    X-Error: BadCursor (invalid Cursor parameter)
    Major opcode: 2 (X_ChangeWindowAttributes)
    Resource ID: 0x273
    Serial No: 5687 (5687)
    These errors are reported asynchronously,
    set environment variable SAL_SYNCHRONIZE to 1 to help debugging

I have tried removing the .openoffice-org2 directory, still the same problem.

any ideas-or is this to be fixed soon?

Thanks for any help

[solved for now] just install gnumeric and abiword. I have no idea why after four years of using kubuntu that the main office package just stops working and there seems to be no solution to it? Is it sun-jre related?

[SOLVED] Since the recent openoffice updates this problem appears to be solved-well done chaps!

Re: openoffice 2.4 crashes after upgrade [solved for now]

Is it sun-jre related?
    You definitely need a Java interpreter, but it doesn't have to be sun-jre. You could use the free Gnu gcj, if your idealogically opposed to incompletely open s/w.

That said, if you upgraded from Gutsy to Hardy, you should have wound up with a suitable java installation. If you installed from scratch, you might not have.

Comment

Re: openoffice 2.4 crashes after upgrade [solved for now]

Hi,

Yep, actually clean install of kubuntu hardy as I decided to put /home on its own partition.

I don't care what java it is and both the open source and sun-jre are installed by default.

However, openoffice 2.4 will not start-which is why i thought it might be a sun-jre problem.

Thanks for your help though.

Comment

Working...
      X