This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screen Resolution Problem [SOLVED]

Using an Intel 945 mobo on one of my machines with built in video.

On another distro I am able to get 1600x1200 resolution that works flawlessly but no matter what I do it does not work in Kubuntu (8.04).

The monitor resolution settings in System Settings allows it to be set (admin mode) to 1600x1200 but resolution does not visibly change.

When I restart, the resolution goes back to 640x480 and xorg.conf seems all screwed up. Fortunately I always retain a backup which does help to restore things.

The maximum usable resolution in Kubuntu therefore appears to be 1280x1024 at least on this mobo.

Any ideas on what I could do?

It is not that the Intel onboard graphics cannot display in 1600x1200 resolution.
    The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason .....Benjamin Franklin<br />Kubuntu 9.10 x64&nbsp; Xbuntu 9.10 x64&nbsp; Win7 x64 Ultimate<br />Linux User: 416878&nbsp; &nbsp; Kubuntu User: 22154

Re: Screen Resolution Problem

here is how to fix this , realy easy

http://scripts-net.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=23

Comment

Re: Screen Resolution Problem

Thanks! problem fixed.

I wish all problems had such easy solutions.

Regards.
      The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason .....Benjamin Franklin<br />Kubuntu 9.10 x64&nbsp; Xbuntu 9.10 x64&nbsp; Win7 x64 Ultimate<br />Linux User: 416878&nbsp; &nbsp; Kubuntu User: 22154

Comment

Working...
      X