This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOLVED: 8.04 KDE Remix won't upgrade to KDE 4.04

I installed the KDE4 Remix which has KDE 4.03. I have enabled hardy unsupported updates (backports) and done a update/dist-upgrade but KDE is not upgraded to 4.04

Suggestions?

Re: 8.04 KDE Remix won't upgrade to KDE 4.04

you don't use a dist-upgrade for normal updates, you use that for distro upgrades. a regular update should make the 4.0.4 packages show up.

i had a strange issue when i did though, everywhere my kde apps still say 4.0.3 even though the kde packages installed are indeed 4.0.4.
    <br />

Comment

Yep, many people, myself included, upgraded to 4.04 but still show 4.03 in the about boxes. The apps are the 4.04 versions, though.

Comment

Originally posted by echoes~
        you don't use a dist-upgrade for normal updates, you use that for distro upgrades. a regular update should make the 4.0.4 packages show up.
        I tried both (upgrade and dist-upgrade)

Originally posted by echoes~
        i had a strange issue when i did though, everywhere my kde apps still say 4.0.3 even though the kde packages installed are indeed 4.0.4.
        I see Nate had that as well, That's probably my problem then.

Thanks.

Comment

Re: SOLVED: 8.04 KDE Remix won't upgrade to KDE 4.04

Originally posted by Nate
          Yep, many people, myself included, upgraded to 4.04 but still show 4.03 in the about boxes. The apps are the 4.04 versions, though.
          they must have forgotten to update the version strings...
          <br />

Comment

Originally posted by Nate
            Yes, I thought at first that they had not been upgraded to 4.04.

Comment

Re: SOLVED: 8.04 KDE Remix won't upgrade to KDE 4.04

I have the same issue - has it been confirmed that kde didnt get the version strings updated? How is it possible to know for sure?

Comment

Working...
              X