This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

adept-notifier not notifying

Hello Kubuntu community. I am using 8.04 and adept-notifier isn't popping up in my system tray. I see the familiar green icon checking for updates when I log in but adept-notifier doesn't pop up. I have to manually update. I had uninstalled Adept and installed Synaptic shortly after upgrading to Hardy but encountered a problem updating, so I just reinstalled Adept and uninstalled Synaptic since I was only trying it out of curiousity. Since then adept-notifier has needed to be manually ran.

Re: adept-notifier not notifying

First, now that HH is no longer 'beta' the frequency of updates is a lot less. So, it's quite possible that the notifier is working just fine.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I've had a few updates in the last few days. I assume from Adept menu under Adept >> Manage Repositories >> Updates >> that the Check for Updates are properly set, as well as notification. Might be you have it set to automatic install ?

Comment

The notifier isn't working fine because when I type in 'sudo apt-get update', if there are updates available, then the notifier pops up in my system tray. Before it would pop up after log in automatically if updates were available.

Rusticdog I tried doing what you suggested but Adept >> Manage Repositories is as far as I can go. I see no options anywhere for setting up autmatic updates.

This isn't a huge problem, I can remember to type in 'apt-get update' everyday, but I preferred it when it was done automatically for me. Thanks for the suggestions.

Comment

K Menu > System > Adept Manager > Adept > Manage Repositories > Updates > Automatic Updates

Ensure that Check for Updates is checked.

Attached Files
          Windows no longer obstructs my view.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Hi guys, I posted this issue already in http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...1951#msg131951, but the thread might be to old to find attention. So I might give it a shot here:

I have the similar problem as above, adept-notifier popping up it's green 'nothing to install' bubble at startup, despite there are updates available manually (just then the warning triangle pops up in the system tray). Daily update notification is checked in manage repositories, I'm on a IBM T61 wtth Nvidia graphics, Kubuntu Hardy and Compiz.

Till now, I tried what I picked up from some posts in this forum:
            - kill adept-notifier process and restart it in konsole, message:

kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::insertKAccel( kaccel = 0x6e71c0 ): KAccel object already contains an action name "file_quit"
            kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::insertKAccel( kaccel = 0x6e71c0 ): KAccel object already contains an action name "file_quit"
            ERROR: Communication problem with adept_notifier, it probably crashed.

-reinstall the whole adept-family, kill adept-notifier process and restart it in konsole results in the same error message

In the thread mentioned above, UnicornRider had a hypothesis of a "digital coma" of the adept-notifier. I guess that might describe the current state, but how to proceed now ? I'd appreciate any ideas!

Comment

Working...
            X