This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with Nomachine/nxserver

Good day. This one has been tearing my head apart and I am afraid I'll go lose the hair off my head trying to make this work. I tried installing the nx family in order that I may remotely log in to my home server and do the on/odd stuff and well, have less need to carry a jump drive full of documents from home to work. I followed the HowTo on the Ubuntu Forums as can be seen here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=736509, but hit a snag after installation when I came to testing.

I connect all right, but gets kicked off with the message
    The connection with the remote server was shut down. Please check the state of your network connection
    I can connect allright using putty so it's not an ssh issue. My ports are rightfully configured. I decided this time around after a FRESH install of Hardy not to change the ports until everything works. Strange thing is using "shadow" as a session works but we all know that's a sort of mirror session where someone can watch a live session on the host machine although I can click around, albeit I won't see the changes unless I log out and back in. "Xterm" works as well with a command prompt, it's the kde that chickens out on me.

I thought it was the client, but I get a successful connection to the test servers hosted by NoMachine. I can do all what I want there so it's not the client. If I get two successful connections on two different protocols, namely xterm and shadow, it means it's not a bad connection. Besides, putty validates my point (so I'd think). I've posted for help in that same thread but nothing so far has turned up to grant me direction. I'm praying that someone here will be able to point me in some direction at least. If you need any logs of sort, just ask and I'll be delighted to provide the necessary information. Thanks in advance.
    Challenges are what that keeps us from the borderline of boredom in life's journey. Linux user #419401

Re: Need help with Nomachine/nxserver

Finally got it working. For those interested as they might be having the same problem, see this post I made in the Ubuntu forums. http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...8&postcount=62
    Challenges are what that keeps us from the borderline of boredom in life's journey. Linux user #419401

Comment

Working...
    X