Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kicker not loading + Screen Resolution Problems.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kicker not loading + Screen Resolution Problems.

After updating Kubuntu (KDE 3.5) to Hardy from Gutsy the other night, I've come across several problems.

1) The log-on screen is distorted to the top right. It is usable, but probably caused by a screen resolution error.

2) When running the "Welcome" screen, the screen flashes to the background, leaving large white boxes where the animated icons show. This lasts for about a second, then it goes to the normal "Welcome" screen, with the background cutting off before the icons do.

3) When the desktop loads, kicker does not. I've done a temporary patch by having Kubuntu load kicker as a startup program, but still, its only a patch. It shouldn't be doing that in the first place.

4) Every now and then I get random SIGSERV errors (or at least I think that's what they call them)

5) My delete key doesn't work - at all, on any application. Granted, the backspace key still works, so its not critical, but yeah, its still an important key to have around. Anyone know how to restore it?

Most of these are screen resolution problems, I hope, but still need to be fixed.
Working...
X