X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keyboard mapping issue after upgrade to 8.04

Hi there,

After the sound problem, I've just discovered a new annoying one: since the upgrade, the keyboard mapping is no more correct.

On my alumni iMac 24, I'm using a French azerty keyboard ... in 7.10, I had configured it correctly to have thing working fine, except the F7 to F12 special keys (back,play,fw,sound, ...)

Since the upgrade, those keys are now working ... but the @/# key (below ESC) has been switched with the </> (at right of left shift).

Beside this, CTRL-F1 to CTRL-F4 is not working anymore ... when I try to change the shortcut sequence in the system settings of Kubuntu, hitting CTRL-F1 is recognized as Ctrl-XF86LaunchD ... CTRL-F1 is recognized as Ctrl-XF86LaunchE ...

The keyboard config of Xorg is the following:
    Code:
    Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier   "Generic Keyboard"
        Driver     "kbd"
        Option     "CoreKeyboard"
        Option     "XkbRules"   "xorg"
        Option     "XkbModel"   "pc105"
        Option     "XkbLayout"   "fr"
        Option     "XkbVariant"  "mac"
    EndSection
    When looking at the content of the fr file in /usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/macintosh_vndr, it seems that mapping is correct there:
    Code:
    key <TLDE> {    [     at,  numbersign,  periodcentered,     Ydiaeresis   ]    };
    Any idea?
    Alain

Re: Keyboard mapping issue after upgrade to 8.04

Hey there,

Can anyone help me slving this issue? I have searched various things, but can't find where the problem is coming from ...

Alain

Comment

Working...
    X