Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plasma -- Is it helping itself to your resources?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plasma -- Is it helping itself to your resources?

My HH/KDE4 system has been running almost 4 days without a reboot and I'm noticing some hoggish behavior by plasma. One or the other of my dual core CPUs seems to hit 100% about every 10 seconds or so, and top indicates that it is plasma that is doing this. I admit I'm pushing my system -- got a bit torrent running, Compiz enabled, Firefox, Kopete, and Amarok all running at the moment. But, I was wondering whether anyone else is seeing plasma suck the CPU like this?

Re: Plasma -- Is it helping itself to your resources?

I have only been up for about 2.5 days I am running Virtualbox, amarok,pidgen,compfiz with all the effects. I have not seen my processors hit above 83.33 I'll keep watch.
    Kubuntu 8.04 Beta Dual boot with Microjunk XP<br />HP DV6225us Laptop AMD64x2 3gig ram, Sprint Wifi, nvidia card, 120 sata. 10 partitions 2 environments of Kubuntu and one windows.<br /><br />We can always prove that we are right but is God convinced of it?

Comment

I rebooted the system Sunday and am watching it to see if plasma increases the resource usage again. I only realized today that I should have posted this, originally, under "Desktop", as it is surely a KDE4 issue, not a HH issue. Oh well ....

Comment

I noticed that Plasmas CPU usage would go high when scrolling text (News plasmoid) was running. Don't know if that's a cause of the problem, or if it's fixed yet in KDE 4.0.3

Comment

Working...
        X