X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wireless Auto-connecting ?????

Hi

from my previous post "Wireless Woes and unusual solution" you'll know my wireless connection has been a pain sometimes until recently. Well a few days ago it just started automatically connecting me to the internet. I log into kde then i get a cog symbol turning for about 30 secs to a minute then i'm connected no asking for a password or anything so i presume all of a sudden my wpa password is stored somewhere.

Is this how it always should have been as I've always had to click the icon in systray in the past and enter my essid and password? If not why all of a sudden is this happening

Not complaining just curious

Thanx

Re: wireless Auto-connecting ??

That's how mine works. Not sure why yours suddenly started working, but I believe the passwords are stored in KWallet. Did you configure/reconfigure KWallet recently?
    Dell Optiplex 580<br />Kubuntu 10.10 + backports

Comment

Re: wireless Auto-connecting ??

Hi

I've no idea i've tried all sorts of different settings from reading different posts on this and other forums to improve my wireless. the last thing I altered was my interfaces file after reading a post on here about Host Files. I took out:-

address 127.0.0.1
      netmask 255.0.0.0

And i have noticed a marked improvement, can not remember though if this is when it started auto connecting and also I'm now picking up other wireless networks in the area

Thanx

Comment

Working...
      X