This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linksys WUSB300N Wireless Card.

I am currently running a Windows Vista/Kubuntu partitioning on this computer. I just installed the Kubuntu today, and it is my first time using linux, so I'm not quite sure what I need to do to get myself set up. My main problem is that I am using a Wireless N USB card to connect to my network, however I'm assuming that I'm having a driver issue with Kubuntu, as when I try to connect to a network (Using the icon on the taskbar(if this goes under a different term in linux, I would be more than happy to know)) nothing pulls up, and the only light that comes on with my card is the power light, and it is dimly lit. When I went into my hardware drivers, the only thing that pulled up was my ATI graphics card driver. I attempted to go onto Linksys website to see if they had linux drivers for this card, however they didn't. I am open to any suggestions.

Re: Linksys WUSB300N Wireless Card.

I have mine running using ndiswrapper. If you do some googling, you will find the instructions. Pretty simple. Now for the bad news... this adapter uses the Marvell Yukon chipset which is pretty poorly supported. I have two of these. Both drop frequently and particular when I am running a torrent program. Really frustrating. I am probably headed out tomorrow to replace both of them with WMP300N's. I could not get mine at all to work with 64-bit.

Comment

Working...
    X