X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2.6.24.7 >> Audio problems.

Hi, well, my problem goes with 2.6.24.7,
    I've compiled it with the same as the previous kernel, and saw something weird before compiling: ALSA was NOT SELECTED at all (not even as a module).
    So now, my card is not working properly, though even nVidia card is working fine, and I managed to solve a regression on this serie to network-manager with WICD.
    My question is: What modules are left in the initramfs by default?
    To get my sound back, should I compile ALSA even if the previous configuration file does not have it ticked, right?

PD: The only thing I changed, was the preempt to low latency, and the resolution timer from default 250, to 300 but those two features can't be killing sound at all as their not related...

EDIT: Ok, found those modules were on the initramfs, so now the question goes like this: How can I locate wich modules are in the initramfs so I can include them in my kernel as built-in?

Re: 2.6.24.7 >> Audio problems.

well, make menuconfig and select alsa in the kernel if it doesn't get auto-selected and re-compile

alas go into the config and optimize for ur cpu while at it..

Again all that is needed is more than likely to select alsa in the kernel options - press spacebar once the * means built in and the M is for module..then once again re-compile..alas I have no probs with 2.6.24.7 with alsa so it may be a problem with the kernel not detecting ur sound card.

edit: oh! what ver. of kubuntu are u using and what kde ver.??
    Wanna know more about Me and My computer then click here

Comment

Re: 2.6.24.7 >> Audio problems.

Originally posted by nowshining
      well, make menuconfig and select alsa in the kernel if it doesn't get auto-selected and re-compile

alas go into the config and optimize for ur cpu while at it..

Again all that is needed is more than likely to select alsa in the kernel options - press spacebar once the * means built in and the M is for module..then once again re-compile..alas I have no probs with 2.6.24.7 with alsa so it may be a problem with the kernel not detecting ur sound card.

edit: oh! what ver. of kubuntu are u using and what kde ver.??
      Some mod please edit the tittle to solved.

And that says it all, I just got rid of pulseaudio and it's integration, and went back to ol' good alsa.

Comment

Working...
      X