This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

display fails to start on resume..

ok, i just upgraded to hardy, with no problems. except, now when i try to resume from suspend, my display doesn't start. it's running, and i can log in, and do certain things by memory, but as i stated, no display.

all suggestions are most welcome..

sony vaio - VGN-B55G<br />intel pentium M 715 (1.5 GHz overclocked to 1.98 GHz)<br />intel 855GME chipset<br />256 Mb SDRAM @ 333 MHz on board<br />40 Gb Ultra ATA/100<br />CD-RW/DVD-ROM: 24x25x8<br />64 Mb intel 855GME graphics accelerator<br />14.1&quot; XGA TFT colour<br />2x 1&quot; dolby synthetic digital 5.1

Re: display fails to start on resume..

ok, since no one has any suggestions on how to fix it, let me just ask this: how can i re-initialize the display driver(s)? from the shell, or anywhere?
    sony vaio - VGN-B55G<br />intel pentium M 715 (1.5 GHz overclocked to 1.98 GHz)<br />intel 855GME chipset<br />256 Mb SDRAM @ 333 MHz on board<br />40 Gb Ultra ATA/100<br />CD-RW/DVD-ROM: 24x25x8<br />64 Mb intel 855GME graphics accelerator<br />14.1&quot; XGA TFT colour<br />2x 1&quot; dolby synthetic digital 5.1

Comment

This is usually caused by the backlight being shut off when the laptop suspends and not being reset on resume. The soultion is to place a script in /etc/acpi/resume .d to turn the backlight back on.

mine is called 99-undim.sh
      (which cases it to be run laafgter everything else in the resume directory.)

echo 8 > /proc/acpi/video/GFX0/LCD/brightness

You will probably need a diffrent number and possibly a diffentfile location. look for the file and then open it in a text editor to see what brightness settings you can use.

-j

Sorry fo the typos, I am typing this blind thanks to Konqueror 4.03
      lfile

Comment

Originally posted by jjordan
        This is usually caused by the backlight being shut off when the laptop suspends and not being reset on resume. The soultion is to place a script in /etc/acpi/resume .d to turn the backlight back on.

mine is called 99-undim.sh
        (which cases it to be run laafgter everything else in the resume directory.)

echo 8 > /proc/acpi/video/GFX0/LCD/brightness

You will probably need a diffrent number and possibly a diffentfile location. look for the file and then open it in a text editor to see what brightness settings you can use.

-j

Sorry fo the typos, I am typing this blind thanks to Konqueror 4.03
        lfile
        ok, i appear to have found what you are talking about, however the file is empty. still, it is nice to know that i can use a flashlight if i need too. any suggestions (possibly more in detail) as to what i should do now?

Comment

Working...
        X