This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laptop + docking station = display problems

I have a laptop which has a 1280x800 screen and a docking station to which a 1280x1024 screen is attached.
    When running Windows and I plug in the docking station the resolution automatically switches to 1280x1024 and when I unplug it the resolution goes back to 1280x800.

Is there a way to achieve this with Kubuntu 8.04 as well?
    It is an Acer Travelmate 4670 series laptop with the Acer EzDock docking station/port replicator.

[edit] to be complete, I use the KDE4 mix version [/edit]

Re: Laptop + docking station = display problems

What kind of video card do you have in your system? In my Dell Latitude plugged into it's docking station I am able to accomplish what you want. The only thing is that when I plug back in I need to go back into my NvIdia settings to turn back on the secondary monitor.
    From my experience once you turn back on the secondary display it is always a good idea to save your settings and restart X. With NvIdia I get some screwy windows if I don't restart i.e. maximize spans across both screens instead of just locking to one screen and this has been reproduced with one of the other guys I work with, with his IBM laptop.
    Kubuntu II on both Laptop and Desktop and some servers here at the office

Comment

Re: Laptop + docking station = display problems

It has a ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 with the binary ATI drivers.
      In Windows the screen attached to the docking station isn't seen as the secondary monitor, it just changes the resolution of the main screen ( so on the laptop you get a larger desktop and you can scroll up and down.

Comment

Working...
      X