This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minor glitch with iPod+Hardy

I did a fresh install of Kubuntu Hardy on my laptop and now after connecting and mounting my 4th gen iPod, and transferring some files to it, when I click to 'safely remove', it comes back with a message that says it unmounted ok but cannot eject. Not a big deal I assume; seems to be OK to just disconnect it anyway. But a little bit strange...anyone else see this?

Re: Minor glitch with iPod+Hardy

As long as it is shown as unmounted, I would procede and just unplug it.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Which is exactly what I did. As I said, it's only a minor glitch. But it seems not-so-good since this had been working flawlesssly since at least Edgy and now in Hardy has some weirdness going on.

There are other areas where Hardy is definitely improved. This version hits my laptop 1280x800 first time without having to load 915resolution, and the boot & shutdown times are greatly improved!

Comment

this happens with my external hard drive as well. almost seems like a new 'feature', instead of a 'glitch' (although kind of a dumb one). I guess the computer can't physically "EJECT" a USB drive - but I bet it would eject a CD-ROM

Comment

I'm having the exact same issue with Hardy and my iPod. Like the man says, so far, I've had no problem unmounting it and then just unplugging it, but the error message still makes me (a) think something's not quite right under the hood, and (b) cringe every time I just yank out that cord.

No big deal, I guess. But still weird. If anyone figures this out, ping me, will ya?

Comment

Guys,

I've posted on another topic relating to hardy and ipods - I have no wisdom to share, I'm a linux n00b. I have exactly the same situation as you guys with the ipod - can unmount but no eject etc.

Many strange things began to happen when I just unplugged though - amarok wouldn't let me back in, my ipod wouldn't (and still won't) show up in media devices, and pretty much cripples my entire computer when I try to connect it. I have to shut down and reboot just to make it happy.

I'm only on my 2nd day of linux, so I'm happy to post any diagnostics, to help sort this out, although you may have to walk me through it a bit...

Comment

I've found the same problem with Hardy. I upgraded to Hardy from Gutsy a few days ago, and now when I unmount my iPod it still flashes "do not disconnect".

Is there a bug report started for this somewhere?

Comment

I have the same problem.
                If ia have one usb pendrive or mi Ipod mounted:

When i try to safe remove my pendrive or Ipod. It unmounts it:

But i must eject it in konsole manually:
                Code:
                sudo eject /dev/sdb
                And now the icon disappears from the desktop.

The same with one Ipod. It appears "Do not disconnect" until i eject it by hand...and i can't do it automatically with amarok, so it is very annoying.

Is the same issue?
                It is one bug?
                Can you test whether it happens with all usb devices? (not only Ipod)

I took one look in launchpad and i didn't see nothing
                maybe it is time to report one bug...

Comment

Working...
                X