This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miro Client

Guys, I need some help. It's been a while that I have not been here, but I know I can count on you all :P. I have a problem with Miro. It seems that It does not want to work on my Kubuntu OS. I would like to make it work, since I like what Miro stands for. Miro is installed, but it shows up for s3 seconds and then crashes. I now that if i installed Gnome it might work, but I do not wish to have Gnome install on my computer, that is why I decided to installed Kubuntu, other wise. Please, give me some help.

Pookito
    You can get me Using Threema: B6WSCFVY
    Mastodon: @pookito@latinos.social
    Jabber: pookito@neko.im

Re: Miro Client

How did you install miro? I see that it is available for installation via Adept Manager in Gutsy, so ....
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I added the software via synaptic manager. but even like that it did not wanted to work. I went to the site which showed me how to trouble shoot the problem, but still no luck. any farther assistances would be appreciated.
      You can get me Using Threema: B6WSCFVY
      Mastodon: @pookito@latinos.social
      Jabber: pookito@neko.im

Comment

You can check your installed packages for miro against the attached file (miroinstalledpackages.txt) that I generated with a simulated installation. I'm assuming, that if installed via Adept Manager, it should work.
        Attached Files
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I found (from somewhere on miro's forums, maybe?) that in Gutsy miro will run if you install the icedtea version of sun's java via adept, and enable that
          visa 'sudo update-alternatives --config java'

Comment

Working...
          X