X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the right refresh rate ?

Hello
    I'm having trouble setting the right refresh rate wih is 85 Hz for 1024 x 768 for my crt monitor sony hmd A220

I searched previous threads on this forum about that problem , did many times
    a "sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg " which did not seem to solve my problem

used nvidia-settings , saved a "/etc/xorg.conf", and still it 's not taken in account in the next reboot

gettin frustrated
    thanks for your help

Re: the right refresh rate ?

What does your xorg.conf file say? That's the file that needs to be correct.

Comment

Re: the right refresh rate ?

Originally posted by yansolo

used nvidia-settings , saved a "/etc/xorg.conf", and still it 's not taken in account in the next reboot
      To change it permanently, you need to do Alt-F2 and then "kdesu nvidia-settings" to run it in Super User mode. Save it to X configuration file and it will stay.

But, my experience is that you are better off to set the resolution only, and leave refresh set to "auto". Your Nvidia card is smart enough to offer the fastest possible refresh rate, at a given resolution, and it depends on what graphics you are running at the moment.

In other words, if you fix the refresh at 85, and then run a graphic that can't be supported, your video might go poofski.

Comment

Working...
      X