This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blackscreen while logging out????

Even i faced this effect long back.When i logout,shutdown,end session i get a black screen.
    plzz tell me how to fix this issue??

and
    I need a command to end the current session so that i get that username and password window.

Re: Blackscreen while logging out?

I personally don't use this series of steps to shut down. I use:
    K Menu | Log Out | Log Out
    and select to Turn Off (I think that's it). This ultimately gets me to the black screen that informs me the system has been halted. At which point I just turn off the PC.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Hey i enabled autologin feature.And at present i am in kde4 , and i want to end session. When i logout i get blackscreen.

And even when i open system settings to disable auto login(so that i select kde3.5 session) , theres no administrative mode button. How do i open system settings in administrative mode in kde4( i told i dont get that admin mode button ) ?

Comment

Sorry, but I can't assist with that. I only (just an hour or so ago) installed KDE4 (kde4-core only and then the upgrades), so I have no experience with KDE4 - yet.

Comment

even me too i installed kde4 core yesterday. I just want to open that system settings in admin mode,, what to do ?
          kde4 hardcore users , help me out : )

note:- i told that i dont find that administrative mode button in system settings(as in kde3.5).

and as i enabled autologin(before) ,i am unable to logout of this session(kde4 to kde3.5) due to two reasons:-
          1) when i logout i get that black screen
          2)unable to open system settings in admin mode( so as to disable autologin feature and select kde3.5 session)

Comment

I've heard that there are 'issues' with System Settings. Try Alt+F2 and type kcontrol and try to access what you want that way.

Comment

Try Alt+F2 and type kcontrol and try to access what you want that way
              hey thanku snowhog : ) . Now i find admin mode button there.Now my problem is solvedand i am in kde 3.5

hey onemore thing,, when we boot the system we get kubuntu loading(blue bar under kubuntu) . But for me during that time i get an error popping up( wrong screen resolution:- 1280 * 1024 , 60 hz recommended) even though my resolution and refresh rate are same as mention in that error and
              however that error remains for only some time and directly i get login screen.

See i had observed the same symptoms(the one mentioned above and that black screen) on many systems with the same motherboard(d101Ggc , ati onboardgraphic card). So is this issue related to hardware problem or is there any fix for this problem?

Comment

You're welcome. Once again, the observant eyes of Sherlock Tux come through!

Comment

Working...
                X