Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Application startup notification - exploding icon - missing.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Application startup notification - exploding icon - missing.

Used to be that when I started an application, the icon would "explode" as an indicator that the application was starting. I guess I must have changed a setting somewhere while trying to fix something else. Now, they don't do that anymore. I thought it was a nice (and cool) feature, and I'd like to get it back. Can someone point me at the option that makes it possible?

Thanks!
    Dave

Re: Application startup notification - exploding icon - missing.

I think that you need System Settings -> Keyboard and Mouse -> and tick Visual feedback on activation.

Comment

Do you imagine it requires a special icon theme or something? Visual Feedback on Activation is checked.
      Thanks for trying, though.

Comment

There are two configuration switchboards in the Kubuntu (KDE 3.5, Kubuntu 7.10 or before): System Settings and Control Centre. aged hippy told where Launch Feedback is in the System Settings. Note that System Settings don't have all settings/options !

Control Centre (kcontrol)

Press Alt + F2 and type kcontrol -> Control Centre starts > Appearance & Launch Feedback.

There are: No Busy Cursor, Passive Busy Cursor, Blinking Cursor and Bouncing Cursor (default)
        Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
        1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
        2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Thanks Rog. I was aware of those settings. I like the "Passive Busy Cursor" setting, personally. That's not really what I'm after, though. I'm looking for whatever creates the "exploding icon" effect when you click on an application to start it. It may be a Panel or Desktop option. Those are the only places where it might be able to happen, that I can think of.

Comment

Working...
          X