This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screen saver doesn't work on new installation

I recently installed 7.10 on a 64-bit AMD machine. I configured the screen saver to start automatically after 5 minutes and to require a password to unlock. Regardless of the screen saver that I choose, it never engages. The screen does lock, though. Also, the screen saver works when I hit the Test button on the Configure window.

I am using the restricted video driver and I have tried a couple of games that used OpenGL that seem to work fine.

Any ideas on what might be happening and how to fix this?

Thanks.
    Bill Lugg

Re: Screen saver doesn't work on new installation

Maybe: make sure you have the kscreensaver-xsavers, kscreensaver-xsavers-extra, xscreensaver-gl-extra, xscreensaver-gl, xscreensaver, xscreensaver-data, and xscreensaver-data-extra packages installed. Then try again . . . I cannot remember exactly which packages fixed the issue for me, but I believe they consisted of the above
    Asus G1S-X3:
    Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

See this thread.

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3089113.0

Comment

Originally posted by integr8e
        Maybe: make sure you have the kscreensaver-xsavers, kscreensaver-xsavers-extra, xscreensaver-gl-extra, xscreensaver-gl, xscreensaver, xscreensaver-data, and xscreensaver-data-extra packages installed. Then try again . . . I cannot remember exactly which packages fixed the issue for me, but I believe they consisted of the above
        Well, I did the following:
        apt-get install kscreensaver-xsavers
        apt-get install kscreensaver-xsavers-extra
        apt-get install xscreensaver

The combination of these three got the others that you listed above. the result was that I got a bunch more screen savers to choose from and my problem went away.

Another satisfied customer.

Thanks for your help...and your witness.
        Bill Lugg

Comment

Asus G1S-X3:
          Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

Working...
          X