This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunbird "unresponsive script" error

Since updating Firefox (via the repository), I've had issues with Sunbird. When trying to launch, it throws up "Unresponsive script" errors endlessly and the whole program drags down the system performance, not sure why.

On further research, I found that the current version of Firefox in both the repository and at Mozilla.org is 2.0.0.11. However, Sunbird is at version 0.5-0ubuntu4 in the repository and the current version is at 0.7.

After replacing the repository version with the current Mozilla version, all seems well. Apparently there is a disconnect in the shared libraries of Firefox and Sunbird that updating to current fixed.

Anyway, I now have another issue - the apt-get database shows that I have the ubuntu version 0.5-0ubuntu4 installed when in fact it is now the 0.7 Mozilla version. How can I clear the apt-get entry without clobbering the current version that I manually installed? I just know that as soon as the repository is updated that it will clobber my manually installed copy.

Thanks...
    I distrust morning people, largely because I suspect them of getting together early one day while the rest of us were asleep and setting up the rules of civilization.

Re: Sunbird "unresponsive script" error

Don't know if it is related, but I have been getting unresponsive script errors with swiftweasel when browsing ebay.

Comment

Working...
    X