This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kmenu Button Is Missing

Well, I was clicking around, changing settings, etc...and somehow deleted the Kmenu button from the bottom left-hand corner of my screen (Big Blue Button with "K" in the middle). How do I get it back?

Thanks,

m
    sudo make me rich<br /><br />Kubuntu Gutsy 7.10<br />KDE 3.5<br />Compaq Presario 5000<br />Intel Celeron 1.2 Ghz<br />512 Ram, Riva TNT2 Video Card<br />All the above hardware is 7 year old junk but<br />Linux runs great on it.&nbsp; :&gt<br />Ham Radio Rules

Re: Kmenu Button Is Missing

Go to the upper right corner and "Add a widget". Drag the Application Launcher widget to your taskbar and I think that will get your menu back. I'm able to put more than one of those menus down there...so it should work.

Comment

I tried that but I do not get an "Add a Widget" option. I get lots of "File, New...Applications, Links, etc..." but now Widget or application launcher. I went to the upper right hand corner as far as the mouse would go. In a blank area. What am I doing wrong

M
      sudo make me rich<br /><br />Kubuntu Gutsy 7.10<br />KDE 3.5<br />Compaq Presario 5000<br />Intel Celeron 1.2 Ghz<br />512 Ram, Riva TNT2 Video Card<br />All the above hardware is 7 year old junk but<br />Linux runs great on it.&nbsp; :&gt<br />Ham Radio Rules

Comment

I also tried the bottom corners. Nothing. Grrrr! >

Comment

Originally posted by Nate
          Go to the upper right corner and "Add a widget". Drag the Application Launcher widget to your taskbar and I think that will get your menu back. I'm able to put more than one of those menus down there...so it should work.
          I think the OP has KDE3 (judging by the sig), these instructions work for KDE4

In KDE3, right-click on the panel and choose 'Add applet to panel', kmenu should be available from the list

Comment

That worked! Problem solved! Thanks...

Comment

Working...
            X