This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE 4 "Create New" Menu missing entries

Really bizarre problem here. My "Create New" menu only allows me to add a link to a device. There is no link to application, new folder, etc... listed. Any advice? Also, anyone have any luck moving the kicker panel? A lot of functionality seems to be missing. For a final release, KDE 4 seems to be awfully half baked.

Re: KDE 4 "Create New" Menu missing entries

yes, i also have the same problem. i would could not create a new file or folder using "Create New" context menu in both konqueror and dolphin.

Comment

I'm pretty sure it's not there because it doesn't exist yet, unfortunately.

To get a new folder I ended up duplicating a folder in Dolphin and then renaming it.

It's annoying, and yet it's also just a minor annoyance that I expect will be fixed rather soon.

Comment

I've read it's a kubuntu package error, not a KDE4 error

Comment

In the mean time, if you launch Web Browser (Konqueror) and not Web Browser KDE 4, you will have all of your precious context menus. If you wanted to add something to the Desktop, once in Konqueror click Home then Desktop. Note that Konquery 4 uses Dolphin for file browsing. So make sure you keep KDE 3.5 until the context menus are updated for KDE 4.

Comment

Working...
          X