Clear All

When i start compiz i get this error.

Code:
    Checking for Xgl: present.
    Checking for nVidia: not present.
    Checking for Xgl: present.
    Enabling Xgl with fglrx ATi drivers...
    Starting emerald
    /usr/bin/compiz.real (video) - Warn: No 8 bit GLX pixmap format, disabling YV12 image format
    /usr/bin/compiz.real (core) - Warn: pixmap 0x2e003ca can't be bound to texture
    /usr/bin/compiz.real (core) - Info: Couldn't bind redirected window 0x1 to texture

/usr/bin/compiz.real (core) - Warn: pixmap 0x2e003ca can't be bound to texture
    /usr/bin/compiz.real (core) - Info: Couldn't bind redirected window 0x1 to texture
    the effect of this warning is :::

when i resize a window system gets toooooooo slow.

Re: When i start compiz i get this error.

That would be due to the xserver-xgl driver :P If you have an ATI card, try uninstalling the xserver-xgl driver, and reinstalling your ATI driver with Envy; let Envy reconfigure your xorg.conf file for you, and reboot (or restart X). Then, run Compiz again and see if that makes any kind of difference (the ATI driver has Compiz blacklisted by default; thus you need the Xgl driver. Envy provides a patch along with the latest ATI driver that allows you to run Compiz).
    Asus G1S-X3:
    Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

i hav installed envy , but when i install the ati driver with envy i get this error.

There was an error in the installation process. You can see the log file /var/log/envy-installer.log

IN the envy log file its like this

python pulse.py ati
      root@opensource:/usr/share/envy# python pulse.py ati
      rm: cannot remove `*.deb': No such file or directory
      ENVY ERROR: Your Operative System does not seem to be supported by Envy

Comment

Ahh, you probably downloaded a version that didn't support Gutsy (you have to tweak its config by replacing "cassandra" with "gutsy"). Try downloading and running the newest version from the site.

Edit: You can see what I mean here
        Asus G1S-X3:
        Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

Working...
        X