This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USPS Website/Acrobat Problems

I was on the usps.com website buying some shipping labels with postage but when I went to print, no joy. At the point when the printer dialog should have popped up it just hung. I thought maybe a pop-up was being blocked so I updated my preferences. Still no joy. After several attempts I used my wifes windows box. It was painful, but I was getting tired. On the windows box an acrobat reader print dialog came up followed by some unrelated baloney about reading format. I have acrobat reader 8 installed on my kubuntu box. Anyone been able to make this work?

Re: USPS Website/Acrobat Problems

I use kpdf and it seems to work fine, so it appears to be a problem with adobe reader.
    I am running Ubuntu 8.10 (yes Gnome) with upgrades applied daily about 0900 UK time. Hardware is Dell Precision 420, 2x 800 MHz PIII, 512 MB RDRAM, nVidia GeForce 6800 128 MB AGP graphics, 18GB SCSI and 500GB IDE HDDs, DVD burner, Hauppage TV card.

Comment

Re: USPS Website/Acrobat Problems

If you use Firefox, a very handy plugin is PDF Download, it asks if you'd like to load the .pdf into an .html page which can then be saved to disk.

I can only assume that it's printable - i haven't got a printer.

Comment

Working...
      X