This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RMVB: heard but not seen.

When I play an RMVB files I can hear...but not see it. I thought a w32codec would fix it but it seems to be missing or obseleted. I am out of ideas.
    As to deserving, know that the gift of Heaven is free; this gift of Knowledge is so great that no effort whatever could hope to 'deserve' it.

Re: RMVB: heard but not seen.

Here you go
    Asus G1S-X3:
    Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

Ok I followed them directions...and its still the same. just cannot have nice things.
      As to deserving, know that the gift of Heaven is free; this gift of Knowledge is so great that no effort whatever could hope to 'deserve' it.

Comment

Can your system output any sounds? It may just be a problem with a misconfigured/corrupt driver.
        Asus G1S-X3:
        Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

Originally posted by integr8e
          Can your system output any sounds? It may just be a problem with a misconfigured/corrupt driver.
          Yes. I can hear the movies but not see them. Which seems to be the exact opposite of the common problem of seeing but not hearing.

Comment

Oops, sorry (that's what I get for not paying attention)

When you say
            I thought a w32codec would fix it but it seems to be missing or obseleted.
            What do you mean? Do you have the codecs installed? If you need them, check out @Snowhog's HOWTO: Add the Medibuntu Repository and PGP Key and install them with the command
            Code:
            sudo aptitude install w32codecs
            Asus G1S-X3:

Comment

Originally posted by integr8e
              Oops, sorry (that's what I get for not paying attention)

When you say
              I thought a w32codec would fix it but it seems to be missing or obseleted.
              What do you mean? Do you have the codecs installed? If you need them, check out @Snowhog's HOWTO: Add the Medibuntu Repository and PGP Key and install them with the command
              Code:
              sudo aptitude install w32codecs
              Oh yea when I tride apt-get install w32codec i was informed that the file was not there to be gotten. It is reference by another program which could mean it is either missing or obseleted. I was saddened by that.

Comment

Cheer up Just follow the link above and add the Medibuntu Gutsy repo to your system; that will give you access to numerous proprietary codecs and software not included in the standard *buntu repos. Then, install the w32codecs and your problem should be solved!
                Asus G1S-X3:

Comment

Ohh yea I forgot to add medibuntu this time. Problem solved. Now I can watch that...educational movie.

Comment

Cool beans
                    Asus G1S-X3:

Comment

Working...
                    X