Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help me in installing this software!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help me in installing this software!

Let me explain my problem briefly :::-
    I must install 2 softwares(linux supported) on my friends system.

Those softwares(dlink and the other 24 0nline client) make him to access internet .

Those softwares are . tar files.

I followed the procedure to install .tar files given by integre8 here http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3088317.0

Firstly i tried to install the first one. I extracted that .tar file on to the desktop. and moved to that directory in the terminal.
    And wen i do . /configure it says no such file or directory.

wat to do.

Re: problem at terminal while using . /configure !!!!!!

as i told u that i get " no such directory or file " wen i use . /configure.

i have tried the command make >> this is wat i get

Code:
    srikar@MyBaTTleMacHInE:~/Desktop$ cd d
    srikar@MyBaTTleMacHInE:~/Desktop/d$ make
    make -C /lib/modules/2.6.22-14-generic/build SUBDIRS=/home/srikar/Desktop/d modules
    make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.22-14-generic'
     CC [M] /home/srikar/Desktop/d/rhine_main.o
    In file included from /home/srikar/Desktop/d/rhine_main.c:28:
    /home/srikar/Desktop/d/rhine.h:56:26: error: linux/config.h: No such file or directory
    /home/srikar/Desktop/d/rhine_main.c:59: error: expected â)â before string constant
    /home/srikar/Desktop/d/rhine_main.c:64: error: expected â)â before string constant
    /home/srikar/Desktop/d/rhine_main.c:73: error: expected â)â before string constant
    /home/srikar/Desktop/d/rhine_main.c:85: error: expected â)â before string constant
    /home/srikar/Desktop/d/rhine_main.c:100: error: expected â)â before string constant
    /home/srikar/Desktop/d/rhine_main.c:115: error: expected â)â before string constant
    /home/srikar/Desktop/d/rhine_main.c:122: error: expected â)â before string constant
    /home/srikar/Desktop/d/rhine_main.c:131: error: expected â)â before string constant
    /home/srikar/Desktop/d/rhine_main.c:139: error: expected â)â before string constant
    /home/srikar/Desktop/d/rhine_main.c:148: error: expected â)â before string constant
    /home/srikar/Desktop/d/rhine_main.c:159: error: expected â)â before string constant
    /home/srikar/Desktop/d/rhine_main.c:175: error: expected â)â before string constant
    /home/srikar/Desktop/d/rhine_main.c:182: error: expected â)â before string constant
    /home/srikar/Desktop/d/rhine_main.c:194: error: expected â)â before string constant
    /home/srikar/Desktop/d/rhine_main.c:200: error: expected â)â before string constant
    /home/srikar/Desktop/d/rhine_main.c: In function ârhine_receive_frameâ:
    /home/srikar/Desktop/d/rhine_main.c:1217: error: âstruct sk_buffâ has no member named âmacâ
    /home/srikar/Desktop/d/rhine_main.c:1217: error: âstruct sk_buffâ has no member named âmacâ
    /home/srikar/Desktop/d/rhine_main.c: In function ârhine_openâ:
    /home/srikar/Desktop/d/rhine_main.c:1585: warning: âdeprecated_irq_flagâ is deprecated (declared at include/linux/interrupt.h:66)
    /home/srikar/Desktop/d/rhine_main.c:1585: warning: passing argument 2 of ârequest_irqâ from incompatible pointer type
    /home/srikar/Desktop/d/rhine_main.c: In function ârhine_xmitâ:
    /home/srikar/Desktop/d/rhine_main.c:1723: error: âCHECKSUM_HWâ undeclared (first use in this function)
    /home/srikar/Desktop/d/rhine_main.c:1723: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
    /home/srikar/Desktop/d/rhine_main.c:1723: error: for each function it appears in.)
    /home/srikar/Desktop/d/rhine_main.c:1724: error: âstruct sk_buffâ has no member named ânhâ
    /home/srikar/Desktop/d/rhine_main.c: At top level:
    /home/srikar/Desktop/d/rhine_main.c:2018: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
    /home/srikar/Desktop/d/rhine_main.c: In function ârhine_init_moduleâ:
    /home/srikar/Desktop/d/rhine_main.c:2027: warning: implicit declaration of function âpci_module_initâ
    /home/srikar/Desktop/d/rhine_main.c: In function ârhine_ethtool_ioctlâ:
    /home/srikar/Desktop/d/rhine_main.c:2752: error: âstruct pci_devâ has no member named âslot_nameâ
    /home/srikar/Desktop/d/rhine_main.c: In function ârhine_suspendâ:
    /home/srikar/Desktop/d/rhine_main.c:2925: error: too many arguments to function âpci_save_stateâ
    /home/srikar/Desktop/d/rhine_main.c: In function ârhine_resumeâ:
    /home/srikar/Desktop/d/rhine_main.c:2959: error: too many arguments to function âpci_restore_stateâ
    make[2]: *** [/home/srikar/Desktop/d/rhine_main.o] Error 1
    make[1]: *** [_module_/home/srikar/Desktop/d] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.22-14-generic'
    make: *** [default] Error 2
    srikar@MyBaTTleMacHInE:~/Desktop/d$

Comment

#1 When you have unpacked tar: LOOK at README or INSTALL files
      When you have unpacked tar check if there is README or INSTALL files. They will (could be) contain instructions how to compile.

Those softwares are . tar files.
      About tar:

Topic: TAR BALLS
      http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3085135.0

In the tar ball could be:

1) Run ready program. You just unpack it and run it.
      Example:
      RecomXaraLX0.7_rev1692.tar.bz2

2) Source code. Unpack -> compile -> program.

FAQ: Installing from source
      http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3085626.0
      Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
      1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
      2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Also note that there is no space between '.' and '/' in ./configure.

'./' means run from current working directory, so './configure' means run the configure script in the current working directory (if there is a configure script)

If there isn't, read the documentation like Rog131 pointed out (it's a good idea to read the documentation anyway)

Comment

What is the exact location of the software that you have downloaded?
          Once I download it also, I will try to install it and will try to let you know what is going on.

Comment

Help me in installing this software!!

please help me in installing this software. It is a driver of a lan card.I hav uploaded it here:

http://www.esnips.com/web/Linux121

note installation text is also uploaded there.

the software is of .tar file and is 50kb.

Thank u.

Comment

Re: Please help me in installing this software!

Read the 'linux.txt' file in the tarball. It has installation instructions... which read something like

Code:
              make install
              Follow the directions listed in that file. You might have to run the make install with sudo, I don't know for sure.

Mike
              http://monte48lowes.blogspot.com

Comment

I hav tried that also , i get the same error as indicated in second post in this thread.

I request u people to please carefully go through it. I am unable to install it!.
                If the installation is successful , it makes my friend to access net.

Thanks.

Comment

now, you may have a better time giving us what specific lan card you are working with as afaik, the via-rhine drivers dlink and others use seem to be already supported in linux, so i am wondering if it a setup/configuration problem, or maybe a networkmanager problem. I doubt that compiling the drivers will help

We basically need more info in order to help. What has been done to try configuring the network settings? Have you tried setting it up manually in System Settings - default gatway and nameservers and such? What is '24hour Online client'?

Comment

Working...
                  X