This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which is the best linux distro???

friends as u know there are a lot of linux distros(ubuntu,fedora,suse,mandriva). Which is the best distro in terms of userfriendlyness,applications etc.

Re: Which is the best linux distro

well, what is the best distro is really in the eye of the beholder. it depends on one's needs.
    but as far as uf, i would have to say *buntu.
    <br />

Comment

Disturbedite is right, "it is in the eye of the beholder", but as for me I like *buntu. I have tried other distros like Fedora, and open suse, but none of those compare to *buntu. This is a personal preference.
      You can get me Using Threema: B6WSCFVY
      Mastodon: @pookito@latinos.social
      Jabber: pookito@neko.im

Comment

Ditto...

Comment

Try before you 'bye.'

The beauty of Linux is that you can do just that - try it. If you don't like one, try another. Repeat. You'll find one that suites your tastes and needs.
          Windows no longer obstructs my view.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

What answer do you EXPECT in a (K)UBUNTU forum!

So yeah, KUbuntu. Also, for modern machines (ie plenty of RAM), I strongly advise KDE over GNOME. Not least on account of Amarok being the best music player on ANY system.

However, sometimes Ubuntu won't 'just work' for you. You _could_ try and figure out what's going wrong and how to fix it, or you could simply use a different distro. PCLinuxOS is well worth a look.
            I am running Ubuntu 8.10 (yes Gnome) with upgrades applied daily about 0900 UK time. Hardware is Dell Precision 420, 2x 800 MHz PIII, 512 MB RDRAM, nVidia GeForce 6800 128 MB AGP graphics, 18GB SCSI and 500GB IDE HDDs, DVD burner, Hauppage TV card.

Comment

Working...
            X